Wednesday 4 November 2015

Bias Article

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-suspect-brilliant-science-student-230349806.html

James Holmes, the predator and perpetrator behind the movie theatre shooting at a screening of Dark Knight Rises, hailed from San Diego, California.

His university success by graduating at UC Riverside later turned into a down point in his life and he turned his life into a living mess.

Holmes enrolled last year at University of Denver in a PHD program. The sadistic man ended up withdrawing from the program without any given reason.

Despite his academic achievement, Holmes life was heading nowhere and he never fulfilled his potential. He may have been at the "top of the top" in university but that resulted in no good cause when he entered the real world.

The man ultimately reached his breaking point and effectively wasted his potential by entering into the movie theater under a gas mask, painting his hair red to emulate "The Joker" as the film played in the cinema was Dark Knight Rises and he wore all black.

There is no reason as to why he may have done this as no evidence from social media usage was traced with Holmes but it can be possibly due to depression with his own life.



5 comments:

  1. Good job on using words that have specific connotations such as sadistic and wasted. Also, I liked how your use of quotes gave the feeling that it was petty and insignificant in this instance. I could've been better with the use of image that you mentioned before with the contrast between high school and the shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWW: I liked your diction throughout your blog, because it conveyed the specific message that you were trying to convey. Very powerful use of words overall.
    EBI: I would have included a title that was eye-capturing to lure more readers in, maybe like: "Colorado Suspect is a Straight up Psychopath', and I would have included a picture of the suspect to go along with it. I also would have liked some more sources to show people that your source is reliable, or at least more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW: I liked your diction throughout your blog, because it conveyed the specific message that you were trying to convey. Very powerful use of words overall.
    EBI: I would have included a title that was eye-capturing to lure more readers in, maybe like: "Colorado Suspect is a Straight up Psychopath', and I would have included a picture of the suspect to go along with it. I also would have liked some more sources to show people that your source is reliable, or at least more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you approached the article was not very detailed, as it lacked statistics. I like how you presented it, as the message you planned on conveying made sense as it was clear and easily comprehended by me as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. jokerstash login

    ReplyDelete